So if you've been following "THE HOME BUYING PROCESS" you should by now have a good overview of why it's important as a home buyer to define your goals, research your options, make your plans & contact a local Jefferson City real estate professional before you begin actually viewing homes.
Now most people believe that once they've done all or even just a few of the aforementioned I've listed so far, that it's time to start looking! Some Realtors may agree as well. However, I like to do things the right way and believe it's in the buyer's and buyers agent's best interest to have as clear an idea as possible to what exactly it is the buyer's should be looking at!
With hundreds of homes for sale in Jefferson City, MO it's vitally important to have clear goals and I believe in order to do that is to know exactly what you should be looking at. Why waste your time looking at homes that just simply are not going to work? Silly right?
But unfortunately, many buyer's will lead themselves & their agents on a misinformed wild goose chase looking at homes that the buyer's can't......DRUM ROLL...........
STEP 3: GET PRE-APPROVED FOR A LOAN
I know that the most professional agents would not let this happen, however as a buyer I am telling you for your sake do not go a step further in "THE HOME BUYING PROCESS" without getting your pre-approval letter from a local, respected lender here in Jefferson City, MO
As a buyer, if your Realtor ask for you to provide a letter of approval from a local lender, please do not take that the wrong way. If a real estate agent ask for this he/she is a professional who values time (yours, his/hers and the sellers)
Most buyer's understand what they can afford to pay a month and may use an online mortgage calculator to figure this number. That's great! I applaud your independent research however there are many more factors that will go into getting you approved for a loan than just what you can afford. That's why it's so important to contact a lending expert to help you understand exactly what you can borrow and at what rates.
Knowing exactly what you can afford will allow you to plan accordingly in the actual viewing process, which we'll cover in our next step. You will also, as a qualified buyer, be seen as a motivated buyer and in turn be taken more serious when you make an offer on a home. Not too mention Lenders can tell you whether you qualify for any of their special programs that could potentially enable you to afford a better home!
This is a very simple and painless part of the home buying a process but one of the most essential to developing a well rounded plan. Please leave any comments or questions below or email me @ email@example.com
Thanks -Adam Stark
Speaking of the home buying process, What a day! The real estate market in our Jefferson City, MO area has sure seen a dramatic increase in overall activity! I've never been more busy that's for sure!
I'm neogiating two seperate single-family home contracts that have taken some serious grit on the part of my buyers and sellers but with my advice I am confident we will get the best price on both of these fantastic properties. Not too mention a multi-million dollar 61 unit apartment complex where we started $350,000 dollars apart! We finally reached the deal but that was a huge mountain to climb!
Because purchasing real estate is so emotional it is very important to be able to manage these emotions when you sit down at the neogiating table. If an individual has no experience in these high pressure situations, this can be a very hard thing to do. It's literallly a skill that can be taught but never seriously master until you've experienced the real thing. Even then you can't truly master the art of negoiating unless you've done it so many times and had those winning experiences to where you feel confident in your abilities.
This leads us right into our second step in the home buying process!
CONTACT A REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONAL IN YOUR AREA
If for no other reason then the one I mentioned above! Because I have been through the high pressure high tension situation of negoiations (that have started at points where most people would think there was no deal to be made)and found a way to the closing table with all parties happy, I can easily manage my emotions and my clients. The experience a competent realtor can bring to the table is priceless and could save you (or gain if you are a seller) literally thousands of dollars.
But that's just one of many reasons a potential buyer should contact a real estate agent when thinking of purchasing a home in Jefferson City, MO. Buying real estate is a very complex matter at the best times, but because there are so many factors to take into consideration and no two homes or transactions are alike.
There are however many unique opportunities and possible pitfalls of the current market, which is why it's even more important to contact a Jefferson City real estate professional once you've atcually decided to buy.
A real estate agent will guide you through the property search, financing, transaction process and negoiations. So you should seriously consider thier knowledge of the local market, experience and track record.
Because of the day I've had, length of this aritcle and frankly just not feeling that good. I'm going to get to step 3 tomorrow. Step 3 we'll cover getting pre-approved for a home loan. A very important part of the process and there's a lot to know! Until then feel free to leave your comments or questions below.
OVERVIEW & STEP 1
If you're like most people, buying a home will probably become your single largest investment (and debt). Because of this fact the home buyin process can certainly become one of the most exciting, but sometimes stressful, experiences you will ever go through.
As a real estate agent in Jefferson City, MO I have found that this can hold true whether you have purshased several homes before or you're a first timer. But just like in many other places, never has our local market here in Jefferson City, MO offered so many fantastic oportunities. However, in order to take full advantage of these opportunities it's crucial that you have all the available tools and resources necessary to be able to make the best and most well informed decisions. This is why I really stress that any buyer should enlist the help of a trusted real estate professional in Jefferson City, MO who can provide the kind of expert consultation a person needs every step of the way.
In the upcoming posts I will be covering the step by step guide to the home buying process. Let's begin this week with Step 1.
1. DEFINE YOUR TRUE GOALS, RESEARCH YOUR OPTIONS & MAKE YOUR PLAN
Now, we have already covered that buying a home is a huge step! It's why I can't stress the point enough about educating and preparing yourself as much as possible in advance. This will not only allow you to make the best decisions but also choose the best agent to represent you in the sale.
Rememember, knowledge is power!
So what do I mean by educating & preparing yourself? This can best be done by clearly determining why you're buying and what the ideal home you're looking for. In Jefferson City, MO we have hunderds of homes on the market and not knowing what you're looking for can lead you and your Realtor on a wild goose chase.
I have to mention that because buying and financing a home are so closely related you must also examine your financial situation and really consider what you can afford. I've always found that it's much easier to determine what you can afford by looking at your monthly payments rather than just the asking prices.
Once you have come to a solution to these questions you will be in a much better position to research the many housing and mortgaging options that are available. This planning process will allow you to create a realistic plan of action and timelines for moving forward. I highly recommend consulting with an experienced real estate professional here in Jefferson City, MO right from the statrt as they can make the whole process much eaiser and cut out the guessing process.
Here's a plus! Many Realtors, such as myself, do not charge the buyer any fees at all! So all the advice and experience of a real estate professional can be yours at absolutely no cost to you as the buyer! I make my living strictly from the commissions the seller's have agreed to pay when they listed their property. So why not take advantage?
So there is your first step! I'll cover Steps 2 & 3 tomorrow in my next posts! Please leave comments or questions I am always available to help!
Everywhere I go people are always asking me the same question.
"How's the real estate market doing?"
I'm an advocate of positive thinking so I've always responded with "the market is great!" But I think people really deserve more! So I put together this video of our current real estate market statistics here in Jefferson City, MO to give an inside look at the current state of our market. I predicted in an earlier video this year that we were seeing a much better real estate market here in Jefferson City and that was early in January. So I wanted to go back after the month of January and compare this year's start to 2011.
What I found was actually pretty shocking even for me! I'm going to further predict that 2012 will be the year that the real estate market turned the corner and we start to see the light at the end of the long tunnel we've been in these last few years!
These stats are straight from our local MLS so you can trust that the information provided is 100% accurate and up to date! Enjoy
For more of my videos check out my YouTube channel
Homework, the thing we all dreaded as children is now the one thing I recommend to everyone I meet when thinking of choosing a Realtor in Jefferson City, MO (or anywhere for that matter).
It amazes me with all the information readily available online how many people are still picking their agents from newspaper articles or yard signs in the neighborhood. Some people will call the company that has the reputation of being the #1 Homeseller in town and take the first agent that answers the phone. This method could potentially translate to a serious loss of time and money! If those two things aren't important to you than by all means discontinue reading this message, but if time and money have any significance to you then please take the time to read my top 5 tips on finding and hiring the best agent possbile for your real estate needs in Jefferson City, MO.
1. GOOGLE IT: I'm serious google that person's name and see what you come up with. For instance, open a new browser window and Google Adam Stark Jefferson City, MO right now. You should come up with everything from my website profile, Linkedin profile, my facebook business page, etc... The internet is the first place you should start when doing your homework on Realtors in Jeffeson City, MO. See what other people are saying in Reviews and recommendations and most importantly see what kind of online presence this agent has. Remember with 9 out of every 10 buyer starting their home search online it's extremely important that your Realtor be there waiting to assist these buyer's with whatever they need.
2. SOCIAL MEDIA MATTERS: When choosing an real estate agent in Jefferson City, MO be sure to check into their Social Media accounts. Are they active? Are they using these outlets to market their listings. If not I would move on because this agent obviously doesn't understand the lingo of Web 2.0 marketing. Social Media is a very important part of what a Realtor shoudl be doing today and if they are using it right they can showcase your property to hundreds sometimes thousands of local people with the simple click of a button.
3. WEBSITE WOES: Visit this agents website. Is it user friendly? Most importantly can it even be found. If any web page is past the second page on Google then it might as well not even exsist. Ask this agent what they are doing to ensure that their website will by buyer's searching the local Jefferson Cit, MO real estate market online. If they can't even give you one answer here move on!! HINT: The main thing you want to hear at this point is SEO or search engine optimization. This is a whole other topic in it's self but in a nut shell SEO implementation is an absolute must for Realtors and their websites if they plan on having any type of real and lasting web presence in their market place.
4. TATTLE TALES: Ask for past client referrals. If they've done a superior job in the past these clients will be estatic to tell you about it. This is an old technique that I personally implement in new ways but a quick hint here, ask if you can contact these referrals. If the agent really did do a good job and his clients really did say these great things about him/her then they should be more than willing to give you their clients contact info (with the clients approval of course) A great agent should have people lined up out the door waiting to tell others about how great they are! Integrity and professionalism are just as important as anything else and should be at the top of your qualifying list.
5. FINAL TALLY: I leave this one for last, but it's certainly not least. Ask for a list of their most recent sales and how many homes they currently have listed. Ask for a detailed explanation of all the things they do to market homes in Jefferson City, MO. Be sure to understand what it is they are doing. I've known agents who will tell you they are using technology and social media but most don't really know how they are using it. Don't be fooled by the long list of marketing propeganda they may throw at you. Have them explain or better yet have them show you! This is why I bring my technology with me to every meeting with buyer's or sellers. I don't want to just tell you what I'm doing, I want to show you so that you understand.
Agents should be using a solid mix of Web 2.0, social media, photo/video, blogging, third party syndication sites (trulia, realtor.com, etc..) and personal web site creation and optimization if they plan on surviving in the new age of marketing in the coming years. It's not just the costal regions anymore, yes even real estate in Jefferson City, MO needs to be treated and marketed like it was an ocean front property in San Louis Obispo, because that's what buyer's want. Be sure to do your homework and choose the agent who ahead of the curve or at the very least holding on to the curves coat tail! You owe it to yourself, your time and your money! -Adam Stark
Welcome to the official web site for real estate in Jefferson City, MO. Our aim was to provide you with the best free tools and resources so that you will be more informed when you leave than when you arrived and will feel confident that everytime you return you will get the most useful and up to date search results on the web.
Being a real estate agent in Jefferson City, MO is about more than just assisting buyers and sellers in achieving their dreams of owning their new homes. It's about providing a level of service that helps our clients gain the knowledge necessary to make the best decision possible when choosing the agent and agency that will be representing them in the sale or purchase of their home.
The business of real estate at it's core has not changed much in recent years but the way the business get's done has changed immensely. The implementation of technology has changed the landscape of real estate marketing, the consumer and how they are reached. Because of technology the consumer today is more educated than ever before and will look to the internet to provide them with much needed information before they ever contact an agent or make a buying decision.
At Gordon Real Estate in Jefferson City, MO we understand the importance of providing the best mixture of standard real estate marketing techniques carefully paired with the latest web 2.0 marketing strategies. We provide agents who are skillfully trained in the areas of photo/video creation, social media marketing, web site creation and syndication, negoitating tactics and much more. We market to the most buyers in Jefferson City, MO in the most places and in the most diverse ways possible.